Saturday, December 3, 2011

A Celebration At Azzurro Bistro and Bar

Last June 2, we had lunch at Azzurro to celebrate my husband and daughter’s birthday. It is our first time to dine at the restaurant of The Linden Suites, in Ortigas. I made the reservation the day before to ensure that it everything would go as planned. Since it is a special day, I have chosen the place because of the positive reviews, and the fact that Azzurro Bistro Bar is in a hotel, I was really hoping for the best.
Unfortunately, the place is not what I have hoped for because it is run-down and everything seems old. Needless to say, I was disappointed and the service is also bad, and the waiters are slow. Thankfully, the foods did not disappoint or I would have called the lunch celebration as a disaster.
We have skipped the appetizers, since kids are hungry and ordered the main course right away. As usual, I ordered Carbonara and those that knew me personally would no longer be surprise, as I simply love pasta and so is, my son so he also ordered the same thing. For my husband, he ordered the Herb-Roasted Chicken, extra rice, as always one cup is not enough…lol…, and for my daughter it was the Chicken Saltibumcca.
Overall, the meals are wonderful just a bit pricey but since it is my hubby and daughter’s special day, the bill of P2, +++ is worth it. The lunch would have been perfect if the ambience is also great, but as said awhile ago the place is not properly maintained… in fact, the management should make an effort to liven it up and so even if I like the foods, the ambience is not worth another visit unless they renovate it.