Thursday, March 31, 2011

IL Ponticello A Must Visit Italian Resto In Makati


Al Tonno Family Size P 553.57 (excluding VAT)

Looking for a perfect fine dining resto, wherein you and your special someone could be intimate? Well, look no more, as IL Ponticello is Makati’s best kept secret. In fact, this is not just a romantic place for couples but also a great resto to hang out with friends while enjoying a margarita or gin tonic.



What more, IL Ponticello also serves gastronomic Italian dishes that will make you smile while devouring every dish. This is something I have personally experience last Tuesday, when my husband and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary together with our kids and my dad.


4 Formaggi Pizza P 491.07 (Excluding VAT)
The place is cozy and not crowded when we visited it, but I found out that every Thursday the place is packed and during Friday and Saturdays as well. This Italian resto is located behind Cityland Herrera tower, at the second floor of Antell 2000 Bldg.


Angus Rib-Eye Steak P 607.00 (exclusive of Vat)

The ambience in IL Ponticello is cozy, classy and private, while the menu is full of wonderful mixed Italian dishes that simply sound good.

Since we are dining with the kids, so naturally, we ordered pizza and tried two of their best sellers and the pizza did not disappoint. The 4 Cheese Formaggi Pizza is the best and everyone simply love it, the cheese and the way the pizza was cook was too good, I think I could even eat the entire 12 inch pizza. We also tried, Capriccios and it was also good thou my kids prefer the Formaggi but this is worth trying also when at IL Ponticello.


Capriccios P 419.64 ( Excluding VAT)

My dad ordered Abruzzo and for P303.00, it was fine according to my dad but he finds the Costata Di Manzo Angus rib eye a bit tough, so he decided to give his meal to everyone who wants it. I guess, for him it was tough to eat but I find the meat all right.
The pasta named Al Tonno is delicious, as everyone just loves it, the serving for family size is good for 3-5 people but of course, it depends on how hungry you people are as my kids have plenty of choices.




My husband jay as usual, cannot live without rice so he ordered Affumicato P250.00 and Romagna P 366.00. The Romagna is an 8 pcs friend chicken that cooked just right, flavorful and good to eat alone.



By the way, the price indicated here does not include the 12% VAT and there is a 10% service charge.
In summary, if you are looking for a cozy ambience and good Italian dishes then IL Ponticello is the place to be.