Saturday, March 12, 2011

Nothing Beats Barrio Fiesta's Crispy Pata and Kare Kare



Last Friday, we had an opportunity once again to dine at one of the oldest restaurants in Metro Manila that serves gastronomic Filipino dishes.

The restaurants that started as a small eatery in Caloocan, has now several branches to serve as many people who wants to enjoy authentic Filipino dishes. Dinning at Barrio Fiesta will certainly feels like you are celebrating fiesta.
Anyway, like I have said. I, with my husband, children, father and his cousin had a lunch at Barrio Fiesta, Ali Mall branch, in Cubao. I must say, it was a very good lunch as the food was simply delicious.




I enjoyed the meals, despite the fact that I have not yet fully regain my taste buds as I was just recovering from 4-day flu. Anyway, the lunch was not only fulfilling but also affordable, definitely pocket friendly, as our bill is only P2, 180.00 and that is less than $50.00 for a satisfying lunch.



Let me give you a rundown of what we have ordered, so you can have an idea on how much the food costs in Barrio Fiesta. We have ordered Crispy Pata (P520.00), Kare Kare family (P350.00), Patatim (P390.00), Lumpia Sariwa (P80.00 ea), Shanghai Rice (P165.00), 2 Plain Rice (P95.00 ea), 2x Halo-halo (P90.00 ea), Ice Tea Bucket (P90.00), 2 Pepsi (P50.00) and Hot Tea(P35.00).

The Crispy Pata is huge and so is the Patatim, the Kare-kare is more than enough for 5 adults and 3 children. The Shanghai rice has adequate servings as well, but the plain rice is just one plateful. So, if you guys are rice lover then it won’t be enough and it is also the reason why we have ordered another one.

The Lumpia Sariwa is big and two people can actually share on it, just like their halo halo. The ice tea is enough for all of us, but I am not fond of the flavor so I only drink half glass of it.




Overall, I highly recommend Barrio Fiesta if you feel like eating Filipino dishes. If you have guests visiting the country, then I suggest that you take them there for lunch or dinner and they will surely appreciate Filipino dishes.